Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Forget-me-not

The hubby's birthday was yesterday and in honour of that we had a really fun weekend.  We spent Wa-AY too much money, he got a get-out-of-jail-free card similar to the one in Monopoly (that he has already used) and just generally had a good time and didn't worry too much about anything. 
Being that we had an all weekend celebration, yesterday, his actual birth-day I forgot.  Yep. Plum forgot. We woke up and went through our normal routine when we were both sitting down at the table eating our eggs - I chatted about that evenings plans and how I needed him to make supper yadda yadda.  He threw out some hints - he even said 'I think I'm going to delete my facebook!' me 'Why?' him 'I just have SO many messages today'  me 'why? from who?'  A fail of epic proportions.  He had no sooner left the house and was all the way down the street when it clicked. 

BIRTHDAY, awh shit. I quickly called him and he answered laughing.  It's good that he knows me well enough to know I don't mean to forget. 

He is a great man, the best father and my best friend.  I could go on and on but I'm already tearing up.  Check out this poem I wrote for the Hubby awhile ago.  It sums us up pretty good.

 http://www.ifyougiveamomamuffin.blogspot.ca/2013/05/the-sky-is-blue-and-it-is-good-day.html

xoxo

~t

No comments:

Post a Comment