Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Fair time in this small town

Another year of the fair has come and gone.  A marker that summer is indeed here and in fact almost half over.  The fair means something different to everyone - but it is always a success.  In my younger days it was a three day event that one of my besties always hosted.  It was BBQing with good friends some old and some new (that girl is a magnet for cool people), loud music, the fair and sometimes even a 2 am bacon making festival.  It was a weekend where you didn't know what was going to happen but you knew you were going to have a great time.

Now that I'm married and have a child the fair is different - it's still fun but in a different way.  Take this weekend on Friday my bestie S came out from Winnipeg and she, Chad and I took Paige {and Bauer} to the fair.  Paige went on rides and watched Daddy play games and win her prizes.  We walked around and saw all there was to see.  We capped it off with a visit to Syl's for ice cream and called it a night.  Getting home after 10 it was a quick bath and bedtime for Paige.  Saturday night Paige was with her Nana and Papa so Mom and Dad could go out and have a little fun that was not G rated.  Huzzah!  And fun we did have - all in moderation {mostly}

Anyway - like always the fair was a lot of work (Chad and I both put in volunteer hours) but also a lot of fun.  I wish I had some pictures of Chad in gear working at the demo pits but don't  :( boo!

Ah well - here's a couple pictures that I did manage to snap:

   
Most deadpan expression award goes to...
You can't tell but she loved it! Rode this ride 3 times! 

Can't forget about Syl's! 
Aaaand finally the bribed smile ;) 

Xoxo

~t

No comments:

Post a Comment