Friday, July 19, 2013

A Tribute

*this post has a sad tone and is very personal I won't blame you one bit if you go read a funny one*** =)  Not my usual for a Friday but its something I need to get out. 

This is a tribute to a dear friend and mentor who was lost to the world a little over 6 years ago.  His untimely fate was the start of a season of loss in which the Hubby and I leaned on each other and became the kind of friends that can endure most anything.  It is hard to believe that so much time has passed but I will never forget the 4 friends we lost that year.  May they Rest In Peace.

The poplars sway
And the clouds rush in
An acoustic guitar
Plays clear above the din

A sweet voice
And a bubbling melody
I close my eyes
And let it carry me

I often hear the whisper
Of little leaves on wind
Everytime I think of you
It brings me back again

Your fate taught lessons
No one ought to have to learn
There are things worse than death,
A tombstone or an urn

I learned them as best I could
And leaned on friends to cry
I kept the faith until you came
To whisper 'its ok to say good-bye'

There wasn't any funeral
Or ceremony to attend
Only the thought that not giving up
Would bring you back again

I know you're watching over us
My family and I
From paradise up above
There is no need to cry

In life you were always there for me
I loved you like a brother
Now you are forever free
I remember you like none other

xoxo

~t


No comments:

Post a Comment